Top Five Summer Bike Events You Don’t Want to Miss
Maybe we’re jumping the gun by a few weeks, but can we all just agree that summer is basically here and that we’re more than ready to start soaking all that this fabulous season has to offer! Great weather means being outdoors and biking is a HUGE summer activity here in Colorado. Seriously, there is no better way to see this wonderful state than from the seat of a bike. Lucky for us there are a ton of awesome bike-centric events that occur throughout the summer, each one totally unique and totally fun!!
- Cruiser Rides: Your Thursday nights just got better. Every Thursday the Boulder Cruisers hit the town. All you need is a bike with a front headlight and taillight. Each ride is themed, so make sure to check out the calendar; you don’t want to show up as clown on the Safari ride, do you? Not in Boulder? No worries;, check out the Denver Cruisers and the Ft. Collins Cruisers. It’s a great time no matter where you go!
- The Rocky Mountain Bicycle Festival: On June 11th and 12th the fourth annual Rocky Mountain Bicycle Festival will take over Denver. This two-day event features demos, free clinics, the Denver Century Ride and a cruiser parade. If you love bicycles, this event will get you prepared for the riding season.
- Tour de Vineyards: Everyone knows Colorado is known for its world class skiing. Did you also know that we have a thriving viticulture scene here, too? Sample some of the state’s delicious fruit of the vine while touring on your bike at the 18th Annual Tour de Vineyards. The Tour de Vineyards takes place on Saturday, September 17 and is a 25-mile bicycle tour through western Colorado’s celebrated wine country and the luscious orchards in Palisades. This ride is a part of the Colorado Mountain Winefest, the oldest and largest wine celebration in the state.
- Urban Assault Ride: Combining the best parts of a bike race, adventure race, block party and obstacle course, the New Belgium Brewing Urban Assault Ride is perfect for the bike-loving, beer drinking individual. The UAR will stir up some trouble in Ft. Collins on July 17th and hit Denver the following weekend, July 24th. Enjoy a crazy scavenger hunt through the city followed by a huge after-party with New Belgium.
- Tour De Fat: And, life in Colorado would not be complete with the New Belgium Tour de Fat. If you enjoy bikes and beer, then you know how legendary this ride is. The Tour de Fat will have your summer ending with one of the best bicycle festivals and events, hands down. The Tour de Fat will conquer Ft. Collins on September 3rd and the following weekend, September 10th, Denver will fall victim to its awesomeness.
Now that your summer is stocked full of totally amazing bicycle events, get outside and ride. The sunshine is calling you. Are there any events we are missing? Tell us below and we will add it to our calendar!